Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing #12

Blogging is  new for me. I've heard about it for years and read some blogs; but I never got past reading -  to the commenting phase which sounds pretty normal after reading the articles. The two pieces of information that were most helpful to me were:
  • If I want to be a blogger I need to respond to other people's blogs and sometimes people's comments on my blog---- which lets them know I've heard them.
  • There are rules of engagement just like all of life. I can see if we expect the kids to blog that we will need to be specific about our expectations and respond to their comments.  

One of the things I often dislike about blogger's comments is their negative bias, but that is what I dislike about so many talk shows on TV/radio. I want to use this avenue to allow both the negative and the positive and emphasize both.

As for commenting, I have commented on my friends 23 Things blog, my daughter and her roommate's blog, (which she said I inspired when I sent her the link to mine), and Rick Casey's article in today's Houston Chronicle about the inaccuracies of the TAKS scores. They were all pretty fun and I was able to confirm that they reached the intended receivers so I'm off in the blogging world----at least for now!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your comments on blogging. I'm trying to decide how I can include time for blogging in my daily routine. I need to find one that will provide me, not only an opportunity to comment, but much more to think about. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete