Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #23

  • Favorite discoveries or concepts - Looking back over my blogs there are many new concepts/favorites like Delicious, my new Google home page, Google Advanced Search, RSS feeds, tags,  the idea of the future of libraries and where we are going, activities for my kids like Sign Generator or wordle, Google Reader and many more......
  • How has program assisted or affected lifelong learning goals - In the beginning I said I did not have problems making goals; however, problems often prevented me from accomplishing them. When I made a goal to view the problems as challenges, the end seemed easier to accomplish.   (Vaughn's encouragement helped too!)
  •  Take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes - The biggest surprise for me was how much I enjoyed it. I started with the attitude that I might not be able to do it. My own sense of wonder about what is out there and how I can tap into it even with baby steps is a huge step for me.
  •  Improvements to the format or content - This program, in a sense, is geared to librarians first. I do not know if this is good or bad or might be changed.  I have no real complaints.
  • Future participation - I would absolutely participate if I had the time. I liked doing it at home with the ability to take as long as I needed on each "thing".
  • One word or one sentence - Excitement - it reinforces the idea that learning is fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your succesful venture into the 2.0 world. Sounds like you have some good plans for the new year. Hope you keep us updated thru this blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete